We value each child as a unique individual and our core aim is to support all of our pupils to shine brightly in their own way. This means: we are respectful of pupils’ individual learning styles; we allow pupils to work at their own pace; and we value strong parent and community partnerships.
We are proud of the strength of the caring and inclusive nature of our school and, through our strong Christian values and ethos, we promote a compassionate, respectful and peaceful learning environment where every member of staff knows every child, children actively help each other and the needs of each child are carefully nurtured.
We reviewed our curriculum in 2018 and, as part of our school development plans, have identified that we want to develop our curriculum further so that it is values-led and broader. As such, we now have four key aims for our curriculum.
Developing children’s personalities:
- Enabling and equipping all children to reach their potential and to have high aspirations for themselves
- Building self-esteem to enable children to become confident, independent, creative and resilient individuals
- Encouraging children to become morally responsible, so that they learn to make positive choices and make a positive contribution to society
- Ensuring our pupils’ have the confidence and self-belief to shine brightly and todiscover and be proud of their own unique strengths and passions
Encouraging individual learners:
- Helping children to become effective and self-motivated learners and active navigators of their own learning journeys
- Equipping each child with the key knowledge, skills and understanding which provide the essential foundations for a rewarding life
- Encouraging the children to stay safe, be healthy, and to be environmentally aware
- Ensuring that all children are well-prepared for their next stage of learning
Building our school community:
- Developing the skills to work with others – sharing, supporting and learning
- Working within school, with parents and with our wider community to form partnerships for collaborative learning and enterprise
- Developing spiritual, emotional, social and cultural awareness, based on Christian values, while inclusively welcoming children of all backgrounds
- Ensuring community events and opportunities for community and parental involvement are regularly incorporated into our curriculum
Ensuring values and our distinctive Christian characteristic are woven through our curriculum:
- Providing a value-rich curriculum which promotes spiritual, emotional, social and cultural awareness.
- Giving context, substance and meaning to our schools’ Christian values
- Helping children to understand and express our Christian values of: compassion, reverence and respect, thankfulness, endurance, forgiveness, peace and hope